- Turn the device On by pressing the small button on the left side of the device (toward the top, its a small lump).
- Device will start up at the Home Screen.
- Select the Folder (white box on bottom left of home screen).
- Select Courses.
- Select desired Course (City to …)
- Review the selected Course if you wish.
- Position the bike where it has clear access to satellite (out-doors and clear of any tall structure, the units are a little sensitive to blocking by buildings). See note below if you have trouble acquiring GPS signal.
- Select the blue Ride button to begin following the course.
- Device will calculate Course. This may take a few minutes.
- During this time the device will Acquire Satellite signal.
- Select the Start/Stop Button (bottom right of device) to begin recording ride data and to navigate to course.
- Follow course via on screen map (swipe screen to flip between options).
- Press Start/Stop bottom to finish recording ride data. Save data
- Select the folder and Rides>Last Ride to review data.
When you are riding
- You can select different screen modes to view while riding. Use finger to slide to the next/different screen option.
- When you view the Map various roads are highlighted by default in the map.
- The device has one arrow which points north and another dark arrow that indicates the position of the bike.
- The selected route has a light purple colour which is framed by a dark line running along each side.
- This screen shows, speed, cadence, duration, actual time, distance travel.
- If the device fails to follow the course, restart the device and start process again.
- To return the Home Screen hit the return button on the display screen or tap the lower centre of the home screen to bring up menu.
- When you receive the message, Tap to Go Back, simply tap the screen. If just returns you to the original map view.
- You may get an Off Course message. The device is sensitive and may interpret a lane change or riding near the gutter as not riding on the course. Simple tap the message on the screen to remove the Off Course message.
- If the GPS signal is lost or does not connect. Return to home screen, on the lower right of touch screen press settings>system>GPS. Turn GPS on, or if on, turn off and then back on again. GPS Signal
- Once you have started recording the ride, you may bring up the Save/Discard button if you press the Stop/Start button again. If you wish to choose neither and keep riding and recording the course, simply hit the Stop/Start button again.
Charging the Device
- Plug the supplied cable into the device and plug the other end into a USB device/charger.
- If you are charging via a Computer, it is important to Eject the Garmin Folders (there are two, one called Garmin, one called Maps) from your computer desktop before removing the device from the computer.