6 Hour Guide Great Wall Road Bike Ride Beijing
Livelo offers chauffeured guided road bike tours for cyclists visiting Beijing and who would prefer to have our trusted Beijing staff guide them on a personalised road bike tour.
Livelo collects you from your hotel early in the morning. We drive you and your bike out of the city to a convenient start point for your Great Wall ride to begin. At the conclusion of your ride, we return you to your hotel in the city.
No visit to Beijing is complete without seeing the wondrous Great Wall of China. And while you’re at it you might as well squeeze in a ride too, right?
We head out nice and early to escape the early morning traffic on our drive to the start point. We’ll roll through 20 km of relatively flat country lanes before taking a turn and seeing the wall for the first time. As we go a little closer towards the wall, you’ll be able to come to full realization of the scale of this masterpiece of human engineering. Bring your camera as there are plenty of opportunities for photos that will look great on your Strava feed for the day.
After photos, we will tackle a meandering climb for 4.5 km followed by a flowing descent into the Bohai valley. As we pass through more rural villages you’ll get a real sense of the difference in pace and income levels between rural and urban China. If time permits and you’re up for another challenge you can climb up the road to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall for a few more selfies after you’ve caught your breath.
It’s all down here from here back to the van. Within 80 minutes we’ll have you back in the city with a smile on your face and the Great Wall ride in the pocket (and on your Strava).
How it works
Livelo provides visiting cyclists with:
- A fully personalised road bike tour at a pace, distance and duration to suit your requirements.
- Your driver collects you and your bike from your hotel and returns you to your hotel at the end of your ride.
- Drive time to start of the ride - 1 hour.
- Fabulous photo-ops (if you please).
- Available 7 days.
- We recommend starting the day at 5.am. Start times are flexible, but we really do recommend an early start.
- Approximate return to hotel 1 pm.
- Please book a minimum of 2 days in advance.
Please note the guided tour does not include a rental bike. Please book your rental bike with your guided tour.